“The best teamwork comes from men who are working independently toward one goal in unison.” – James Cash Penney.
The Transition Meeting 2020-21 of the Rotaract Club of University of Kelaniya was held on the 14th of July 2021 virtually via Zoom by remarking the end of another excellent journey in the history of the Rotaract Club of University of Kelaniya while commencing the term 2021-22.
The Transition Meeting was initiated with the call of the house to order by the Sergeant-at-Arms, Rtr. Mahesh Jayawickrama, and then the Outgoing President Rtn. Rtr. Nipuna Rambukkanage called the meeting to order. After the Rotaract Formalities were presented by the Senior Editor Rtr. Yashodya Bandaranayake, the minutes were presented by the Outgoing Secretary Rtr. Sahan Silva.
Following that, the Outgoing President, Rtn. Rtr. Nipuna Rambukkanage, delivered his speech, in which he conveyed his gratitude to all prior members who have worked hard to advance the Rotaract Club of University of Kelaniya, as well as the awards that RACUOK has received. In his speech, he especially praised the two significant projects “Track the Speed” and “Rota Tomorrow,” and he emphasized how ‘improvisation and innovation for the betterment of the club’ had contributed to the club’s tremendous success. Finally, he thanked all of the district members for their commitments to our success, and with great joy, he turned over the club to the newly appointed President.
Upon then, the Incoming President for the term 2021-22, Rtr. Kisal Ekanayake was introduced by former President Rtn. Rtr. Nipuna Rambukkanage and collaring of the Incoming President were observed in between two outstanding leaders by remarking the transition.
Significantly, the Incoming President introduced the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors of the Rotaract Club of University of Kelaniya for the year 2021-22.
- President – Rtr. Kisal Ekanayake
- Immediate Past President – Rtn. Rtr. Nipuna Rambukkanage
- Secretary – Rtr. Avisha Malalaratne
- Vice President – Rtr. Dinithi Randeniarachchi
- Vice President – Rtr. Manula Pethiyagoda
- Vice President – Rtr. Tharindu Warnasooriya
- Assistant Secretary – Rtr. Verosha Abeygoonewardena
- Assistant Secretary – Rtr. Kumuthu Wijerathne
- Treasurer – Rtr. Malith Kavinda
- Sergeant-at-Arms – Rtr. Mahesh Jayawickrama
- Senior Editor – Rtr. Yashodya Bandaranayake
- Co-editor – Rtr. Kaveesha de Silva
- Co-editor – Rtr. Samadhi Wijethunga
- Co-editor – Rtr. Fathima Rifka
- Co-director – Community Service – Rtr. Sakura Kalhari
- Co-director – Community Service – Rtr. Tharinduni Ranasinghe
- Co-director – Community Service (Wildlife and Animal Welfare) – Rtr. Heshani Dharmathilaka
- Co-director – Club Service – Rtr. Theja Bandara
- Co-director – Club Service – Rtr. Amanda Wimalasiri
- Co-director – Professional Development – Rtr. Harsha Wijesekara
- Co-director – Professional Development – Rtr. Dushyantha Rathnayake
- Co-director – International Service – Rtr. Ruchika Kishore
- Co-director – International Service – Rtr. Osura Vindula
- Co-director – Sports and Entertainment – Rtr. Chamodi Wickramasuriya
- Co-director – Sports and Entertainment – Rtr. Gayan Muthukumara
- Co-director – Public Relations– Rtr.Nirmani Jayawardane
- Co-director – Public Relations – Rtr. Dilsha Kavindi
- Co-director – Member Relations – Rtr. Nipuna Rathnayake
- Co-director – Member Relations – Rtr. Gimhan Rupasinghe
- Co-director – Digital Media – Rtr. Ranula Bhagya
- Co-director – Digital Media – Rtr. Kaveendra Divyanjali
- Co-director – IT– Rtr. Hasindu Shanuka
- Co-director – IT – Rtr. Kasun Akalanka
- Co-director – Club Relations – Rtr. Achini Poornika
- Co-director – Club Relations – Rtr. Jayani Navoda
- Director – Finance – Rtr. Sineth Neththasinghe
Following that, Rtr. Kisal Ekanayake expressed his deep gratitude to the former President and the Board of Directors for their tremendous efforts to raise the club even amidst a pandemic. He also expressed his delight at the awards that RACUOK was able to win at the District Rotaract Assembly. As the following journey’s leader, he underlined his motto: “To be the most influential club in the district and country while generating an impact in family, university, and country,” and he regarded being a Rotaractor as an honour.
Prof. Dilkushi Wettawe, the Director of the Career Guidance Unit praised the former President Rtn. Rtr. Nipuna Rambukkagane for his outstanding leadership and contribution to the club’s resounding success, describing him as a “star wherever he goes,” and ending her speech by congratulating the new president Rtr. Kisal Ekanayake for his upcoming journey, with the expectation to see another excellent year.
Following that, Rtr. PP Nipun Alwis, the Guide Club Coordinator for the year 2020-21, congratulated the Incoming President and the entire Board of Directors on their new term and stated that it was a privilege to be the Guide Club Coordinator of RACUOK for the previous year. Moreover, he expressed his contentment for the success of the prior year by simply stating, “No words to say!”
Afterwards, the Guide Club Coordinator for the year 2021-22, Rtr. IPP Sasitha Eldeniya was invited to deliver the invited speech, and she highly admired the work done by our club under the guidance of Rtn. Rtr .Nipuna Rambukkanage. She stated her willingness to assist Rtr. Kisal and his team while wishing the new team the best of luck. Finally, the Current Secretary, Rtr. Avisha Malalaratne offered the vote of thanks. She thanked all the attendees as well as the previous and current Board of Directors. By marking on the ending of the transition meeting, the current President, Rtr. Kisal Ekanayake successfully concluded the annual general meeting for the fellowship.
The transition meeting 2020-21 was neatly wrapped up with the commemoration of another milestone of RACUOK with good wishes for a victorious voyage in the following year.
~ Written by: Co-editor Rtr. Samadhi Wijethunga | Featured image designed by: Co-director of Digital Media: Rtr. Ranula Bhagya~